Using Trauma-Informed Practices to Enhance Safety and Security in Women's Correctional Facilities
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides a brief overview of trauma and its effects on women offenders, and specifically defines trauma-informed practices for women’s correctional facilities. It also provides key actions that facility administrators, managers, and staff can take to better align their operational practices with the research on trauma and to create a more trauma-informed facility culture.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the institutional values that provide the type of stability trauma survivors need in order to learn new information and skills that promote trauma recovery.
2. Explain a trauma-informed culture.
3. Investigate ways that leadership and staff can proactively create a community that promotes inmate stability and, in turn, institutional safety and security.
4. Examine the procedures that are likely to be significant trauma triggers for women inmates.
5. Identify the simplest change corrections professionals can make to create a more trauma-informed culture.
Date Added: 2015-07-05
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.