Trauma Informed Care for Displaced Populations
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course provides leaders and other health care professionals, who are looking to improve their effectiveness in engaging displaced populations, information on the process of integrating a trauma-informed approach by discussing background information on displaced populations and trauma-informed care, along with the trauma-informed organizational self-assessment for displaced populations.
Article Author: Kathleen Guarino, LMHC
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss how to conduct the intake assessment in a trauma-informed manner.
2. Explain what events and outcomes make an experience traumatic.
3. Investigate which group is most at-risk for social and cultural isolation, poverty, and homelessness, and struggle to fully integrate into the U.S. society.
4. Examine the stressors in service settings that may be triggering and lead to heightened and seemingly extreme responses that may be misunderstood by providers as purposefully offensive, rude, or aggressive.
5. Identify the key components of a trauma-informed organization.
6. Describe the skills and strategies that clinicians must utilize when working with trauma survivors.
Date Added: 2015-04-25
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.