Care of the Patient with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
$18.00 | CEU Hours:6.00 | Advanced
CE Course Description
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a leading cause of disability worldwide. It is caused by a bump or blow to the head that affects how the brain normally works (National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2008). Because nurses are frequently the professionals who see the full impact of TBI and have the skills that can alter the course of a patient’s recovery, it is important for nurses to have a valuable resource to help them achieve the best possible outcomes.
This guideline helps translate the latest research into an easy-to-use reference. The purpose of this document is to provide recommendations based on current evidence that will help registered nurses, advanced practice nurses, and institutions provide safe and effective care to injured patients with a mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI).
CE Course Objectives
1. Define the terms mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI) and concussion while describing symptoms and frequency of occurrence.
2. Identify biochemical and biomolecular responses to MTBI as well as physiological differences related to age.
3. Differentiate between the various types of magnetic resonance technologies used in MTBI/concussion.
4. Evaluate the role of the nurse and other health care professionals in assessing and caring for MTBI patients.
5. Describe patient problems, rehabilitation issues, and expected outcomes for those with mild traumatic brain injury.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.