Developing a Trauma-Informed Juvenile Justice Program with Behavioral Health Conditions
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 06/29/2022. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CE Course Description
The majority of youth in contact with the juvenile justice system in this country have a diagnosable behavioral health condition. This CE course discusses trauma and its effects on youth, especially those with behavioral health conditions; the types of trauma-related disorders, the behavioral manifestations of trauma that youth may display, and factors that affect the severity of trauma-related disorders. Key elements of a trauma-informed approach within the context of juvenile justice diversion are also described.
Article Author: Joseph Cocozza, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain the reasons that many youth end up in the juvenile justice system.
2. Investigate important principles in a cross-system policy framework design.
3. Examine which specialized approach must be adopted to effectively identify and respond to youth with behavioral health conditions in contact with the juvenile justice system.
4. Scrutinize the link between a traumatic event and PTSD and other trauma-related disorders.
5. Define vicarious trauma.
6. Describe how the physical arrangement of offices can be made to feel welcoming.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-05-15