Somatic Experiencing: Using Interoception and Proprioception as Core Elements of Trauma Therapy
$8.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Advanced
CE Course Description
Somatic Experiencing (SE) is a novel form of therapy that focuses on resolving the symptoms of chronic stress and post-traumatic stress. This advanced CE course demonstrates how the methods of SE help restore functionality to the core response network and provides a possible neurophysiological rationale for the mechanisms involved.
Article Author: Mardi Crane-Godreau, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate key elements of SE.
2. Explain how SE defines “pendulation.”
3. Investigate what trembling or shivering is a sign of from an SE point of view.
4. Examine the systems that form the core response network.
5. Scrutinize how the “mindful” aspects of SE may facilitate spontaneous self-regulation.
6. Describe why, for the mental health professional, using the phrase “I imagine . . .” is important when describing observations of the patient’s inner state.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-01-01