How to Implement Trauma Focused CBT
$25.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) course is for therapists, clinical supervisors, program administrators, and other stakeholders who are considering the use of TF-CBT for traumatized children in their communities. TF-CBT is a components-based psycho-social treatment model that incorporates elements of cognitive-behavioral, attachment, humanistic, empowerment, and family therapy models. It includes several core treatment components designed to be provided in a flexible manner to address the unique needs of each child and family.
CE Course Objectives
1. Understand and be able to explain to others why your agency should consider implementing TF-CBT.
2. Know and be able to explain to others the basic components of TF-CBT.
3. Be able to determine if TF-CBT is right for your clinic.
4. Know what information different individuals in your clinic (administrators, clinical supervisors, therapists, etc.) need to consider in order to decide whether to go forward with TF-CBT.
5. Be prepared to develop a viable plan to implement TF-CBT in your agency.
6. Understand the important considerations in initially delivering and then maintaining a TF-CBT service.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-01-22