Pharmacological Management of Schizophrenia
$15.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides recommendations for treatment of inmates in federal facilities who are diagnosed with chronic psychotic disorders.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
2. Investigate which cognitive impairments appear to be an integral part of chronic psychotic disorders, especially schizophrenia.
3. Examine common issues or challenges related to treating patients with psychotic disorders.
4. Elucidate which antipsychotic medication is considered the gold standard for the treatment of schizophrenia.
5. Identify indications for the use of FGAs.
6. Describe under which situation benzodiazepines would be inappropriate for inmates with chronic psychotic disorders.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-08-09