Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Vaping among youth presents a variety of dangers. Research indicates that vaping various products may lead to addiction, increased blood pressure, altered brain development, and cognitive impairment. Thus, health care professionals should work to prevent and reduce vaping among youth and young adults. With that sentiment in mind, this course reviews SAMHSA's guide, Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults, to provide health care professionals with the relevant information needed to prevent and reduce vaping among youth and young adult patient populations.
Recommended Citation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults. SAMHSA Publication No. PEP20-06-01-003. Rockville, MD: National Mental Health and Substance Use Policy Laboratory, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2020.
- Food and Drug Administration. (2019, November 6). Youth Tobacco Use: Results from the National Youth Tobacco Survey. National Youth Tobacco Survey. https://www.fda.gov/tobacco-
products/youth-andtobacco/ youth-tobacco-use-results- national-youthtobacco-survey
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2016). E-Cigarette Use Among Youth and Young Adults. A Report of the Surgeon General. https:// www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_
statistics/sgr/ecigarettes/ pdfs/2016_sgr_entire_report_ 508.pdf
- Jones, L. (2019, September 15). Vaping: How popular are e-cigarettes? BBC News. https://www. bbc.com/news/business-44295336
- Grand View Research, Inc. (2020). E-cigarette And Vape Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Disposable, Rechargeable), By Component (Vape Mod, E-liquid), By Distribution Channel, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027. https://www.grandviewresearch.
- Evaluate research, while obtaining insight into vaping-related terms and concepts.
- Recognize methods for selecting and implementing vaping-related programs and policies.
- Identify effective programs and policies that may be used to prevent and reduce vaping among youth and young adult patient populations.
- Examine resources for evaluation and quality improvement.
CE Outline with Main Points
- Issue Brief
- What Research Tells Us
- Guidance for Selecting and Implementing
Programs and Policies
- Examples of Effective* Programs and Policies
- Resources for Evaluation and Quality Improvement
Not approved for Social Workers
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 1969-12-31