Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts - Key Components
$35.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course provides an overview of Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts and discusses the history of the drug court movement and the adaptation of the drug court model for tribal justice systems. In addition, the critical issues and challenges faced by Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts, including the challenge of incorporating tribal customs and traditions, addressing the high volume of alcohol abuse cases, and addressing jurisdictional and resource limitations will be looked at. Finally, current guidelines as well as key issues in developing treatment, developing a Tribal Wellness Court treatment program, adapting treatment program components, identifying special considerations regarding treatment services, and evaluating strategies for maintaining sobriety / relapse prevention will be examined.
Article Author: Joseph Thomas Flies-Away (B.A. Stanford, M.P.A. Harvard, J.D. Arizona State University)
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss which articles in the participant’s case file the Tribal Wellness Court team should properly review before deciding on acceptance of an individual as a participant.
2. Explain the Tribal Healing to Wellness Court / drug court model.
3. Investigate, in addition to screening for alcohol and drug abuse, which intake processes treatment professionals recommend performing.
4. Examine the items that should be taken into account for a participant’s individualized treatment plan.
5. Identify the specific objectives of Tribal Healing to Wellness Court.
6. Describe the timeframe that provides a window of opportunity for intervening and emphasizing the value of alcohol and drug abuse treatment.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-07-05