Screening and Assessment of Co-Occurring Disorders in the Justice System
$27.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
Due to the age of the material, this course will be discontinued from our library on 10/10/2019.
CE Course Description
Use of evidence-based approaches for screening and assessment is likely to result in more accurate matching of offenders to treatment services and more effective treatment and supervision outcomes. This CE course provides a guide for professionals who are interested in developing and operating effective programs for justice-involved individuals who have CODs. Key systemic and clinical challenges are discussed, as well as state-of-the art approaches for conducting screening and assessment.
Article Author: Roger Peters, Ph.D., Elizabeth Rojas, M.A., and Marla Bartoi, Ph.D.; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the characteristics that carry elevated risk for CODs.
2. Explain the consequences of not screening for trauma.
3. Investigate how accuracy of information obtained during screening and assessment can be compromised.
4. Compare and contrast the recommended screening and assessment instruments for substance abuse, mental health, and co-occurring disorders.
5. Identify an important new criterion for substance use disorders.
6. Describe the goals of screening and assessment.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-03-22