Intensive Outpatient Treatment for People with Stimulant Use Disorders
$21.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course provides a structured approach for treating adults who abuse or are dependent on stimulant drugs. The materials outlined are designed so that counselors can implement the Matrix treatment approach even without training.
Article Author: Jeanne Obert, M.F.T, M.S.M., et al.; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the hallmarks of addiction.
2. Explain what is considered the primary treatment dynamic in the Matrix IOP intervention.
3. Investigate what is involved in creating a craving for a drug.
4. Examine the role of each client’s primary counselor.
5. Identify which part of the brain is involved in all forms of addiction and explain why.
6. Describe the first step toward learning to interrupt the trigger-thought-craving-use sequence.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-03-10