Mental Health and Substance Abuse Parity
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides background on key developments in parity, explains what MHPAEA and the ACA require, discusses the impact of recent parity policy changes, and offers an overview of enforcement activities. Also included are recommendations offered by the Task Force to advance parity in mental health and substance use disorder health benefits.
Article Author: Executive Office of the President of the United States
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what is recognized by the May 2016 Medicaid managed care final rule.
2. Explain why parity in NQTLs can be difficult to assess.
3. Investigate the consequences for people with mental health and substance abuse conditions without effective treatment.
4. Identify the condition for which the prevalence is lower among the individuals who received Medicaid coverage.
5. Describe the roles of the 2008 parity law and its implementing regulations.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-12-19