Administrators - Issues in Outpatient Treatment
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course addresses the following aspects with regard to administrative issues in outpatient substance abuse treatment: strategic planning, starting a program, working with partners, and public relations; hiring and retaining staff, continuing education and training, and formulating guidelines and policies for staffing; preparing a program to treat diverse clients, assessing the cultural competence of a program, and implementing program changes based on the findings; strengthening the financial position of a program, working with managed care organizations, and understanding contracts; and improving performance, monitoring outcomes, and using performance data to promote a program.
1. Discuss how funding limitations and shrinking budgets require increasing creativity and resourcefulness for OT administrators.
2. Identify human resource challenges that OT administrators face and how improving cultural competence can enhance a program's services.
3. Describe the components of strategic planning for outpatient substance abuse treatment administrators and how to successfully implement the plan
4. Review specific outpatient treatment financing options and strategies.
5. Summarize how objective information can be used to monitor OT outcomes and improve performance
Date Added: 2014-12-13
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.