$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
An overview of the changes to the DSM-5 with a focus on Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse. The material used for this course is with permission by Kendall Hunt Publishing Company and Dr. Lori Phelps.
Author: Dr. Lori Phelps
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify DSM-5 changes including the establishment and elimination of diagnostic categories and disorders.
2. Review criticisms and concerns surrounding DSM-5 changes and development.
3. List the DSM-5 categories and provide examples of specific disorders.
4. Summarize specific differential diagnosis components of substance use and substance-induced disorders.
5. Discuss DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for gambling and eating disorders.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-02-24