$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
An overview of the changes to the DSM-5 with a focus on Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse. The material used for this course is with permission by Kendall Hunt Publishing Company and Dr. Lori Phelps.
Author: Dr. Lori Phelps
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify DSM-5 changes including the establishment and elimination of diagnostic categories and disorders.
2. Review criticisms and concerns surrounding DSM-5 changes and development.
3. List the DSM-5 categories and provide examples of specific disorders.
4. Summarize specific differential diagnosis components of substance use and substance-induced disorders.
5. Discuss DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for gambling and eating disorders.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-02-24