Substance Abuse Treatment and LGBT Cultural Competence
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CE Hours for only $74.95?
Click Here to learn more.
CE Course Description
As lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals become more accepted and visible, they are seeking culturally sensitive, if not culturally specific, substance abuse treatment services. This CE course discusses administrative policies and procedures for serving LGBT clients, training and educational issues related to serving LGBT clients, and how to monitor and assess efforts to improve quality.
Article Author: Brenda Underhill, M.S., C.A.C., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss how counselors can help LGBT clients recover from substance abuse and addiction.
2. Explain the goal of quality improvement with respect to service to LGBT clients.
3. Investigate the stages of lesbian and gay identity development.
4. Examine why professionals may attribute treatment failures to the clientele.
5. Identify the phrase that should be used to refer to individuals who are drug-free.
6. Provide an important first step in implementing an evidence based program.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2012-08-01