Prevention of Child Abuse and Exploitation
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course: defines the nature and scope of child sexual abuse and exploitation; acknowledges the need to build on the foundation of existing research, advocacy, and treatment; discusses the value of a National Plan; encourages the development of prevention-focused policy; and describes a range of actions that includes individuals, community, and policy level strategies, to stop demand for, and to prevent, child sexual abuse and exploitation.
This material was reprinted, with permission, from the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation’s publication entitled “National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children” (2012 edition). This plan is available by visiting www.preventtogether.org.
Author: National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. (2012). National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children (Rev. ed.).
Retrieved from: http://www.preventtogether.org/national_plan
CE Course Objectives
1. Restate the wide number of psychological impacts that child sexual abuse can involve.
2. Consider the link between exposure to sexualized images, lyrics, fashion, role models, and other influences and how girls think of and treat their own bodies as concluded by the American Psychological Association.
3. Summarize the steps that need to be taken to end the demand for child sexual abuse and exploitation.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children
2. The significance of a National Plan
3. How we can accomplish the goals of prevention: six action areas
b. Public awareness
c. End the demand
d. Policies and organizational practices
e. Collaborative practices
4. Actions to prevent child sexual abuse and exploitation
a. What you can do as an individual
b. What you can do in your community
c. Policy-level actions
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2023 - 01/03/2026. Social workers completing this course receive 1.00 'General' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-01-01