Lifetime Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) is a serious preventable public health problem that affects millions of Americans and occurs across the lifespan. This CE course discusses strategies based on the best available evidence to help social workers sharpen their focus on prevention activities with the greatest potential to prevent IPV and its consequences across the lifespan.
Author: Niolon, P., Kearns, M., Dills, J., Rambo, K., Irving, S., Armstead, T., & Guilbert, L. (2017). Preventing Intimate Partner Violence Across the Lifespan: A Technical Package of Programs, Policies, and Practices. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CE Course Objectives
1. List three factors that put individuals at risk for perpetrating IPV.
2. Explain the technique critical to a primary prevention approach to the problem of IPV.
3. Conclude when IPV often begins.
4. Evaluate community-level approaches for creating protective environments against the perpetration of partner violence.
5. Identify for whom the lifetime prevalence of experiencing IPV is highest.
6. Describe three approaches for interrupting the developmental pathways contributing to partner violence.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Teach Safe and Healthy Relationship Skills
2. Engage Influential Adults and Peers
3. Disrupt the Developmental Pathways Toward Partner Violence
4. Create Protective Environments
5. Strengthen Economic Supports for Families
6. Support survivors to Increase Safety and Lessen Harms
7. Sector Involvement
8. Monitoring and Evaluation
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2023 - 01/03/2026. Social workers completing this course receive 2.00 'General' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-12-16