Faith and Communities Partner to Prevent Crime
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This CE course provides useful strategies for building capacity, developing partnerships, and seeking grant opportunities. Topics of focus are: building capacity within faith-based organizations; partnering with organizations to prevent crime; and effective and efficient grant acquisition and management.
Author: Faith and Communities in Action: A Resource Guide for Increasing Partnership Opportunities to Prevent Crime and Violence. (2013, March). Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
Retrieved from: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=263383
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain what much of the success of the faith community is due to.
2. Summarize how to conduct a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats analysis and evaluate the importance of performing a SWOT analysis.
3. Compare and contrast non-profit status with tax-exempt status.
4. Describe three key elements of a successful partnership design.
CE Outline with Main Points
a. Stopping crime and youth violence and building supportive communities
b. What faith-based and community groups bring to the table
c. Examples of faith-based and community initiatives
2. Building Capacity within Your Faith-based Organization
a. Laying the foundation
b. Capacity building
c. Defining your organization's mission
e. Non-profit status versus tax exemption
3. Partnerships: Joining Organizations to Prevent Crime
a. Elements of designing a partnership
b. Crime prevention partnerships
c. Building or improving a partnership
4. Making Dollars and Sense: Effective and Efficient Grant Acquisition and Management
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-12-28