THRIVES - Prevention of Violence Against Children
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides an overview of THRIVES and discusses the topics of: training in parenting; household economic strengthening; reduced violence through legal protection; improved services; values and norms that protect children; education and life skills; and surveillance and evaluation.
1. Outline the prevalence, repercussions, and public health consequences of violence against children.
2. Review THRIVES strategies to reduce incidences of violence that impact young people.
3. Discuss ways to strengthen parenting skills, improve economic stability, and increase legal protections as a means to protect children.
4. Summarize pertinent values and norms that protect children a well as education and life skills that can empower them.
5. Identify how surveillance and evaluation data is used for planning, implementing, and monitoring violence prevention programs.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-06-14