Sexual Violence: Strengthening the Medico-Legal Response
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Medico-legal evidence is at the intersection of medical and justice processes. This CE course addresses key knowledge gaps within and between sectors, to help support service provision and coordination in low-resource settings.
Author: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2015). Strengthening the Medico-Legal Response to Sexual Violence. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Retrieved from: http://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/197498
CE Course Objectives
1. Analyze why documenting an individual’s account of sexual violence is an important component of the medico-legal process.
2. Explain the knowledge that all of those working in the medico-legal system should possess.
3. Conclude the role of the healthcare worker during the forensic medical exam.
4. Describe what a survivor-centered approach means.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Facts about sexual violence
2. Coordination and cooperation
3. Key stakeholders
6. Support and protection for victims
7. Preparing to gather the story
8. Documenting the story and responses
9. Elements of the initial investigation
10. Minimum requirements for the health facility
11. Managing the health issues
12. The forensic medical examination
13. Medico-legal evidence in sexual violence
14. Forensic specimens
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2017-09-18