Psychotherapeutic Medication Guidelines for Adults
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Advanced
CE Course Description
This CE course provides evidence-based recommendations for prescribing psychotherapeutic medication to treat severe mental illness, specifically bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, and schizophrenia, and to inform and support health care professionals in making treatment decisions that maximize benefit and minimize harm to patients.
Article Author: The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the principles of pharmacotherapy during pregnancy.
2. Explain a proper antipsychotic trial sequence.
3. Elucidate the primary goals of bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, and schizophrenia care.
4. Identify which medication is insufficiently efficacious in adults with bipolar depression.
5. Describe what initial treatment of schizophrenia should include.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-12-19