Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect - Evidence-Based Practices
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Child abuse and neglect is highly prevalent and is associated with several risk factors. This CEU course provides a select group of strategies based on the best available evidence to help prevent child abuse and neglect. The strategies represented include those with a focus on preventing child abuse and neglect from happening in the first place as well as approaches to lessen the immediate and long-term harms of child abuse and neglect.
Article Author: Beverly Fortson, Ph.D., et al.; National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
2. Investigate which policies tend to have the largest impacts on health.
3. Examine the ways in which household financial security can be strengthened.
4. Elucidate what can be used to identify and address psychosocial problems in the family that serve as risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
5. Describe the social norm that is particularly relevant to preventing child abuse and neglect.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-07-17