Parenting Interventions for Men Who Batter
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-20 for DV 2 Offender CE Hours. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CEU Course Description
Fathers today are spending more time with their children, taking more responsibility for child care tasks, and sharing in more parenting decision. This CEU course describes developments in the field of parenting programs for men who batter, identifies commonalities across pioneering programs in approach and philosophy, and highlights areas of greater debate within the field. In addition, questions about program length and organization, referral routes, specific program content, and nature of collaboration between agencies are addressed.
Article Author: Katreena Scott, Ph.D. C. Psych.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the operational guidelines that should be utilized to monitor and reduce risk to potential victims of men’s abuse.
2. Explain the most common profile of men who have been violent in their families.
3. Elucidate a good predictor of re-assault for men who have abused their partners and for parents who have maltreated their children.
4. Describe batterer fathers based on many years of clinical experience.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-05-22