Opioid Use Disorder: Medications, Screening, and Assessment
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
The number of patients presenting with opioid use disorder (OUD) in medical clinics, community health centers, and private practices is increasing. This CEU course offers a general introduction to providing medications to address OUD and addresses most personal healthcare needs, development of sustained partnerships with patients, and practicing in the context of family and community.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the exceptions in the Controlled Substances Act from the requirement to provide methadone through an OTP or buprenorphine through an OTP or a waivered practitioner.
2. Provide the strongest risk factors for developing SUDs.
3. Investigate under which treatment setting patients should have access to FDA-approved medications for OUD.
4. Examine what the decision to discontinue OUD medication should be based on.
5. Identify when patients should be assessed for an OUD.
6. Describe what every patient who misuses opioids or has OUD should receive.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2018-04-01