Opioid Treatment Guidelines for Chronic Pain
$36.00 | CE Hours:12.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The guidelines presented in this course provide healthcare providers with a framework by which to evaluate, treat, and manage the individual needs and preferences of patients with chronic pain who are on or being considered for long-term opioid therapy (LOT). This CEU course gives a clear explanation of the logical relationships between various care options and health outcomes while rating both the quality of the evidence and the strength of the recommendation.
Article Author: Jack Rosenberg, MD, FASAM and Christopher Spevak, MD, MPH, JD, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate absolute contraindications to initiating opioid therapy for chronic pain.
2. Explain the unique pharmacologic properties of methadone that make it particularly risky.
3. Investigate the risk factors that have the greatest impact for development of opioid-related adverse events.
4. Examine the signs of medication diversion.
5. Provide the universal approaches that should be used in the management of care for the patient regardless of the location from which that patient is transferred.
6. Describe the first recommendation for those patients who develop OUD and progress to intravenous drug use.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2017-12-28