Integrating Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence Experiencing Homelessness
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-18 for DV 2 Victim CE Hours. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CE Course Description
This CE course lays the groundwork to understanding the intersection between domestic violence and homelessness, and offers practical strategies that providers can follow to improve service integration. Also addressed is the gap between the domestic violence and homeless service systems and how this gap can be bridged.
Article Author: Carmela DeCandia Psy.D., Corey Anne Beach, and Rosenie Clervil M.M., CAGS/NEG
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain the ways that domestic violence contributes significantly to repeated episodes of homelessness.
2. Compare and contrast the levels of service provider integration and discuss the underlying importance for each level.
3. Elucidate the most important goal when moving towards service integration.
4. Identify how assessment questions should be framed to allow survivors to feel safe and comfortable.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-05-08