Information Sharing Between Criminal Justice and Healthcare Communities to Enhance Health and Public Safety
$21.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course: identifies the full range of beneficial information exchanges between the criminal justice and healthcare systems; provides detail on specific information exchanges within the context of routine criminal justice and health operations; serves as a guide to policymakers and practitioners seeking to implement information exchange, by offering detail on workflow and implementation issues; and offers a “blueprint” to certain specific information exchanges through the development of technical use cases.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the range of information that would be valuable to exchange between health providers and the criminal justice agencies.
2. Explain the reasons that 42 CFR Part 2 permits substance abuse treatment records to be shared with the criminal justice system.
3. Investigate the benefits that coordinated care has been shown to result in.
4. Examine how health privacy laws are intended to reduce barriers to needed care.
5. Elucidate the overarching goal of information exchange between community-based health providers and the criminal justice system.
6. Provide the instances for which protected health information disclosure to criminal justice entities are permissible without client authorization.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-08-07