Systems-Level Implementation of Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course describes the core elements of screening, brief intervention, brief treatment, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) programs and provides general administrative and managerial information relevant to implementing SBIRT services, including; SBIRT effectiveness; implementation models; challenges and barriers to implementation; issues of cost and sustainability; and real-life program anecdotes and case studies.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what the SBIRT program, a comprehensive, integrated public health model, is designed to provide.
2. Enumerate the characteristics reflected by a research-based comprehensive behavioral health SBIRT model supported by SAMHSA.
3. Investigate for which lifestyle attribute screening pregnant women is useful for identifying women who are at risk for alcohol and drug use.
4. Compare and contrast the terminology used to describe binge drinking, excessive alcohol use, harmful drinking, and hazardous drinking.
5. Examine for which conditions the comprehensive SBIRT model has been demonstrated to be effective.
6. Identify the medical conditions that substance abuse has been associated with.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2014-12-26