$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course will review the development of sexuality using a lifespan perspective. It will focus on sexuality in infancy, childhood and adolescence. It will discuss biological and psychological milestones as well as theories of attachment and psychosexual development.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Review the development of sexuality using a lifespan perspective.
2. Describe various topics in human sexuality including childhood sexual abuse and sexual disorders.
3. Identify factors associated with male and female fertility, such as common fertility problems and infertility treatment options.
4. Outline the stages of puberty, including the phases of the menstrual cycle and problems associated with menstruation.
5. Discuss incidences, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various sexually transmitted diseases.
6. Evaluate circumstances that impact the development of sexual orientation while identifying ways to provide caring therapeutic interventions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-07-09