Hep C Counseling and Testing
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides guidance for counseling and testing of individuals who are at risk for or potentially infected with the hepatitis C virus (HCV). Topics discussed include: background; testing; antibody negative / non-reactive test results; antibody positive / reactive test results; confirmatory testing; and HCV rapid antibody testing.
1. Outline basic facts about transmission, prevention, symptoms, and treatment of hepatitis C, while differentiating between acute and chronic hepatitis.
2. Summarize the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for testing for Hepatitis C.
3. Identify the goals of a hepatitis C antibody testing as well as steps recommended when disclosing antibody negative/nonreactive and antibody positive/reactive test results.
4. Discuss the use of the RNA testing process to confirm or negate the presence of the hepatitis C virus.
5. Describe the characteristics and advantages of HCV rapid antibody testing.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-05-16