Gynecologic Problems for HIV Infected Women
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Gynecologic problems are common among HIV infected women and are frequently present at the time of initial presentation for evaluation and care. This CEU course provides detailed information pertaining to problem-oriented approaches to common gynecological complaints; abnormal pap smear; genital ulcers; vaginal discharge; pelvic and/or lower abdominal pain; pelvis mass; urinary symptoms; genital warts; genital masses and/or nodules; genital itching and/or irritation; breast lump; sexual dysfunction; menopause; health maintenance issues; and guidelines for gynecologic referrals.
Article Author: Jean Anderson, M.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate the conditions that, when compared with uninfected women, HIV infected women are more likely to have.
2. Examine why liquid-based Pap smears are preferred.
3. Identify the women that HSV viral shedding may be more common in.
4. Describe how invasive cervical cancer behaves differently in HIV infected women when compared to uninfected women.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-12-19