How To Work Financially with the Problem Gambler
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This course covers a variety of actions the gambler may take to relearn how to manage money so he or she can regain financial stability in life and begin working toward a sound financial future. These may be areas you’ll talk about directly with the gambler and perhaps with a professional financial advisor, as well. At a minimum, they are financial issues you should be familiar with to help the gambler recover.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify methods to limit the gambler's access to money while working on regaining and maintaining financial stability.
2. List the components of a realistic spending plan for the problem gambler, including strategies for debt repayment.
3. Discuss the role of the family in assisting the problem gambler's financial recovery.
4. Describe actions that problem gamblers can take to restore their proper sense of value toward money.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-08-13