Family Violence: Treatment of Perpetrators and Victims
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-21 for DV 2 Offender CE Hours. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CE Course Description
This course was developed using an excellent paper written by Dr. Donald Meichenbaum, Distinguished Professor Emeritus at the University of Waterloo, Canada and Research Director of the Melissa Institute for Violence Prevention and Treatment in Miami, Florida. Dr. Meichenbaum covers topics such as risk factors, danger signs, assessment, treatment options for both victims and perpetrators, an overview of batterer programs - do they work?, how to improve treatment of batterers, couples treatment and prevention programs.
Article Author: Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe research findings pertaining to marital distress, partner abuse, marital violence, and child maltreatment.
2. Identify risk factors for intimate partner violence including danger signs of violence potential.
3. Evaluate various techniques for assessing partner and family violence, including its impact on children.
4. Discuss treatment options to combat family violence, including treatment protocols for working with batterers, victims, and children.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2012-03-23