Counseling Approaches for People with Viral Hepatitis
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course addresses the following issues with regard to counseling for those with viral hepatitis: the need for counseling strategies; ensuring safety; providing reliable information; building therapeutic relationships; helping clients understand their diagnoses; incorporating client needs in substance abuse treatment planning; developing a prevention plan; using motivational approaches; confronting the social factors of hepatitis; addressing relapse; building support systems; and providing effective case management.
1. Identify strategies that counselors can implement to support clients who have hepatitis and how they may discuss the diagnosis in ways that build the therapeutic relationship.
2. Discuss methods to incorporate the needs of clients with hepatitis into substance abuse treatment planning.
3. Describe how counselors can help their clients create a plan to reduce the chances of contracting or spreading viral hepatitis.
4. Review ways to develop support systems and effective case management for clients who are living with hepatitis.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-12-12