Case Management (Revised)
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
The goal of interagency case management is to connect agencies to one another to provide additional services to clients. This CE course prepares program workers about getting involved in these efforts by presenting findings from previous evaluation efforts and then proposing a framework for facilitating quality improvement and other evaluative efforts that consider multiple stakeholders and focus on myriad outcomes and data sources.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015, October). Comprehensive Case Management for Substance Abuse Treatment. TIP 27: SMA15-4215. Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Retrieved from: https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-27-Comprehensive-Case-Management-for-Substance-Abuse-Treatment/SMA15-4215
CE Course Objectives
1. Evaluate the hallmark of effective case management.
2. Consider three sources that programs can use to establish benchmarks.
3. Criticize the area that rapid access to data is critical.
4. Define "greater continuity of care."
5. List three key components of a successful case management intervention.
6. Describe the knowledge required by all staff who work with dual-diagnosis clients.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Case Management in the Community Context: An Interagency Perspective
a. Characteristics of the Three Models
b. Forging the Linkages
c. Identifying Potential Partners
d. The Agency Environment
e. Potential Conflicts
2. Evaluation and Quality Assurance of Case Management Services
a. Evaluating Case Management Programs
b. Data Needs
3. Case Management for Clients With Special Needs
a. Minority Clients
b. Clients With HIV Infection and AIDS
c. Clients With Mental Illness
d. Homeless Clients
e. Women With Substance Abuse Problems
f. Adolescent Substance Abusers
g. Clients in Criminal Justice Settings
h. Clients With Physical Disabilities
i. Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered, and Bisexual Clients
j. Case Management in Rural Areas
4. Funding Case Management in a Managed Care Environment
a. Funding Case Management in a Managed Care World
b. Preparing a Program for Managed Care
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-08-11