Antibiotic Resistance Threats
$30.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 04/30/2020. After this date you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This CE course covers bacteria causing severe human infections and the antibiotics used to treat those infections. Information on current CDC initiatives and what can be done to combat this growing threat are discussed. Summaries of each of the bacteria are provided in this course, as well as how to manage infections and implications for public health. Details about what groups such as states, communities, doctors, nurses, patients, and CDC can do to combat antibiotic resistance is also examined.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what it means for bacteria to be antibiotic resistant and explain how this occurs.
2. Explain how the different types of microorganisms are spread from person to person or from animal to person.
3. Investigate the four core actions to prevent antibiotic resistance.
4. Compare and contrast the current antibiotic-resistant microorganism common in the United States.
5. Define multidrug-resistance.
6. Describe what people should do when traveling to a country where antibiotic-resistant infections are common.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-04