Adult Drug Courts and Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Dependence
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Illinois Specific Approvals: Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II, PCGC II, CCJP I or II, CAAP I, CRSS II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, NCRS I or II, CFPP II, CVSS II
CEU Course Description
This course addresses the following aspects with regard to medication-assisted treatment for opioid dependence and adult drug courts: understanding opioid use and dependence; evidence-based best practices for opioid dependence; medication-assisted treatment and drug courts; effective medication treatments for opioid dependence; and increasing the use of medication-assisted treatment in drug court programs.
1. Discuss the effectiveness of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and how it may be used in drug courts to help those with opioid dependence.
2. Define the concept of substance dependence and addiction, and describe the extent of opioid use in the criminal and general population.
3. Differentiate between various medications used to treat opioid dependence such as methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone.
4. Review evidence that supports the use of MAT as an evidence-based practice for the treatment of opioid dependence, and ways to increase drug court referrals to MAT.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-12-13