Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors for Program Administrators
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides information about suicidality and focuses on the information that treatment professionals need to know in an accessible manner. It synthesizes knowledge and grounds it in the practical realities of clinical cases and real situations so that the reader will come away with increased knowledge, encouragement, and resourcefulness in working with substance abuse treatment clients who have suicidal thoughts or behaviors.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss suicide misconceptions or myths within agencies and what should be done to correct this thinking among counselors.
2. Enumerate what the policies and procedures of substance abuse programs must detail in order to address treatment issues raised by suicidality.
3. Explain how the suicidal behavior of a client in treatment for substance abuse disrupts treatment for all clients and compromises recovery goals.
4. Investigate what, at a minimum, all programs providing substance abuse treatment need to have to be suicide prepared.
5. Examine the topics that all clinical staff members are educated on in suicide-aware programs.
6. Identify what qualities administrator support must include in substance abuse programs.
7. Describe the common areas of malpractice in working with suicidal clients and how to be prepared before each arise.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-10-29