Promoting Best Practice and Safety Through Preprinted Physician Orders
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course explores the potential of preprinted physician orders to improve interdisciplinary integration in care, promote accurate communication, and reduce variation by combining pertinent reminders, safety alerts, and “best practice” into a just-in-time process.
Article Author: George Ehringer, M.D. and Barbara Duffy, R.N., LHRM, MPH
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss major barriers to immediate and widespread CPOE adoption throughout the health care industry.
2. Explain how the risk of dosing errors can be reduced.
3. Investigate the advantages of well designed, preprinted orders.
4. Examine which medications ALL CAPS should be used for when writing out, as there have been several publicized errors involving accidental switching.
5. Identify what is never allowed with medication orders.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-08-28