Victims of Human Trafficking
$18.00 | CEU Hours:6.00 | Beginning*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
Human trafficking, also known as modern day slavery, is a crime that involves the exploitation of a person for the purpose of compelled labor or a commercial sex act. This CEU course details a series of coordinated actions to strengthen the reach and effectiveness of services provided to all victims of human trafficking. Included in this course are the steps to create a victim services network that is comprehensive, trauma-informed, and responsive to the needs of all victims.
Article Author: The Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Homeland Security
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what federal actions must occur in order to reach the goal of developing evidence-based approaches.
2. Explain how many people become victims of human trafficking.
3. Compare and contrast victim-centered and trauma-informed approaches.
4. Examine the issues in achieving long-term recovery and self-sufficiency for human trafficking survivors.
5. Identify what leads few victims to seek assistance independently, either from law enforcement or service providers.
6. Describe what the ability to effectively identify victims and hold offenders accountable depends on.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.