The HIV Clinic - Providing Quality Care
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides health care professionals working with the HIV-infected population information on supporting patients in care, clinical management, quality improvement, Health Resources and Services Administration HIV/AIDS Bureau performance measures, HIV care in correctional settings, and patient education.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the factors that increase adherence with antiretroviral therapy.
2. Enumerate the core principles of quality improvement.
3. Investigate what the delivery of effective care usually requires.
4. Examine what a discharge plan should address for all HIV-infected inmates that are being released from a correctional facility.
5. Elucidate the tasks that should be performed during a clinical visit.
6. Identify how to bolster patients’ self-confidence with their actions plans.