The Role of a Full Continuum of Psychiatric Care
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CE Course Description
This CE course addresses the public policy recommendations for reducing the human and economic costs associated with severe mental illness by building and invigorating a robust, interconnected, evidence-based system of care that goes beyond beds.
Article Author: Debra Pinals, MD and Doris Fuller, MFA
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate common elements of serious mental illness and their treatment in the service delivery system.
2. Explain the reason behind federal and state initiatives being enacted.
3. Examine which individuals have access to transitional beds.
4. Define the institutions of mental disease (IMD) exclusion.
5. Identify what is widely recognized as a symptom of system failures, including the lack of a full continuum of accessible psychiatric care.