Drugs of Abuse
$21.00 | CEU Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
*Illinois ICB Credit for Counselor I, Preventionist I, CARS I, MISA I, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, MAATP I, NCRS I, CFPP II
Ohio CDPB approved for Certified Prevention Specialist Assistant, Certified Prevention Specialist, Certified Prevention Consultant for Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III and Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor for R1 Credit
Illinois Specific Approvals: Counselor I, Preventionist I, CARS I, MISA I, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, MAATP I, NCRS I, CFPP II
CE Course Overview
This course is intended to give an overview of the most commonly abused drugs. It begins with an explanation of the Controlled Substances Act, how it is used, and the substances listed on the five Schedules. It covers the five classes of drugs regulated by the CSA, including the origin of each drug, its street name(s), information about what it looks like, how it is used, its mental and physical effects, and its legal status.
CE Course Objectives
1. Be able to answer most questions about the regulation of drugs by the Controlled Substances Act.
2. Be able to talk credibly with users, care givers, and others about the drugs covered in the course.
3. Know what people are talking about when they use street names for these drugs.
4. Know something about the mental and physical effects of each drug covered in the course.
5. Know and be able to talk with others about the effects of an overdose of any of these drugs.