Clinical Issues in Trauma-Informed Care
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides a thorough discussion of trauma-informed prevention and treatment objectives along with practical counselor strategies. Specific treatment issues related to working with trauma survivors in a clinical setting are discussed as well, including client engagement, pacing and timing, traumatic memories, and culturally appropriate and gender-responsive services. This course also gives guidelines for making referrals to trauma-specific services.
Article Author: Kathleen Guarino, LMHC
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify prevention and treatment objectives for trauma-informed care.
2. Summarize specific strategies to assist peer supporters in providing care to trauma survivors.
3. Describe methods to identify and manage trauma-related triggers.
4. Discuss treatment issues such as client engagement, pacing and timing, treatment length, legal issues, and others.
5. Evaluate how cultural and gender issues may impact trauma-specific care.