Clinical Guidelines for the Management of PTSD and Acute Stress Disorder
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course presents clinical practice guidelines that are intended to provide healthcare providers with a framework by which to evaluate, treat, and manage the individual needs and preferences of patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and acute stress disorder (ASD), thereby leading to improved clinical outcomes. The guideline is formatted in three modules (algorithms), with 40 evidence-based recommendations.
Article Prepared by: The Management of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Work Group With support from: The Office of Quality, Safety and Value, VA, Washington, DC & Office of Evidence Based Practice, U.S. Army Medical Command 2017
Retrieved from: https://www.healthquality.va.gov/guidelines/MH/ptsd/ 2018
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the individual, manualized trauma-focused psychotherapies that are recommended for patients with PTSD.
2. Explain the criteria for how one can meet the trauma definition as outlined in the DSM-5.
3. Investigate which medication may actually interfere with the extinction of fear conditioning and/or potentiate the acquisition of fear responses and worsen recovery from trauma.
4. Examine which complementary / integrative treatment there is sufficient evidence to recommend as a primary treatment for PTSD.
5. Identify the strongest predictor of mental health problems among those deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
6. Describe how inaccurately diagnosing PTSD in a patient who does not have PTSD could result in unintended harms to the patient.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.