Behavioral Health Issues Among Afghanistan and Iraq U.S. War Veterans
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CE course introduces some of the problems facing Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans and can help healthcare and social service professionals understand these veterans’ needs. Topics relating to returning OEF and OIF veterans will look at: behavioral health issues; substance abuse; mental disorders; and the roles of primary care, behavioral health, and social service providers.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify mental health and substance abuse issues that veterans who have served in Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom, or OEF) and Iraq (Operation Iraqi Freedom, or OIF) may face.
2. Describe common stress reactions that those returning from a combat zone may experience.
3. Outline steps that primary care and behavioral health providers can take to help OEF and OIF veterans.
4. Discuss the roll of social service professionals in contributing to recovery and better health for veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
5. Summarize specific suicide risk factors for veterans as well as behavioral health issues that may increase the likelihood of attempted suicide.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.