Interventions and Treatment for PTSD
$27.00 | CEU Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The course is based on the latest practice guidelines from the Veterans Administration and Department of Defense the diagnosis and management of patients with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This course address a patient-centered approach that emphasizes the decisions and interventions shown to be effective in treating PTSD, regardless of the treatment setting.
Article Author: Department of Veterans Affairs, Ron Acierno, PhD Kathleen Chard, PhD Daniella David, MD Matt Friedman, MD (Co-Chair) Matt Jeffreys, MD Terry Keane, PhD Harold Kudler, MD Todd Semla, PharmD Sheila Rauch, PhD Josef Ruzek, PhD (Co-Chair) Steve Southwick, MD Murray Stein, MD
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify early treatment interventions designed to manage acute symptoms of PTSD.
2. Summarize psychotherapeutic techniques and pharmacotherapy for the treatment of PTSD.
3. Discuss how adjunctive services, somatic treatment, as well as complementary and alternative medicine can assist those suffering with PTSD.
4. Describe therapies to manage specific PTSD symptoms such as sleep disturbances, pain, and anger.
5. Outline current research studies examining treatment interventions for PTSD.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.