Unlawful Harassment - Employer Liability
$15.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides laws and regulations of: vicarious employer liability for unlawful harassment by supervisors; the vicarious liability rule applies to unlawful harassment on all covered bases; who qualifies as a supervisor; harassment by supervisor that does and does not result in a tangible employment action; harassment by “alter ego” of employer; and small employers on employer liability for harassment by supervisors.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the primary purpose of the anti-discrimination statutes.
2. Examine how harassment does and does not violate federal law.
3. Discuss who qualifies as a supervisor and the roles and actions allowed by a supervisor.
4. Determine when an employer will be held liable for harassment taking place.
5. Explain what are considered tangible employment decisions.
6. Identify the deadline for filing the EEOC charges and when they may be extended.
7. Enumerate the measures to take before completing the investigation to ensure that further harassment does not occur.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-06-16