Sexual Assault in the Military
$30.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 04/29/2021. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
Questions related to sexual assault in the military involve both sex discrimination and the denial of equal protection in the administration of justice. This CEU course examines how the Department of Defense and its Armed Services respond to Service members who report having been sexually assaulted and how it investigates and disciplines Service members accused of perpetrating sexual assault. Also reviewed in this course is how the military educates Service members and trains military criminal investigators and military lawyers about sexual assault offenses.
Article Author: Martin Castro, Chairman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what is at fault for creating a two-tiered military culture that fostered tolerance of sexual harassment and sexual assault.
2. Explain the goal of the bystander intervention training.
3. Investigate the correlation between sexual harassment and sexual assault.
4. Compare and contrast the three types of courts-martial and describe when each would be used.
5. Examine the accused’s commander role in sexual assault cases.
6. Identify why the Defense Task Force recommends that commanders communicate the outcomes of sexual assault reports to members of their command.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-03-10