Management of Hypertension in Prison Populations
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides recommendations for the medical management of inmates with hypertension.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary focus of treatment.
2. Explain the major objective of the evaluation of persons with documented hypertension.
3. Investigate what should be used to classify blood pressure status when systolic and diastolic blood pressures fall into different categories.
4. Examine how age and gender affect responsiveness to antihypertensive medications.
5. Identify what inmates should refrain from during the 30 minutes prior to the measurement.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-10-11